Financial Reporting Senior Accountant
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide — you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded. Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
- Analysing, reviewing and challenging monthly management accounts.
- Working with other departments across Credorax to ensure the accuracy of the financial results.
- Managing the production of relevant analysis for the purposes of reporting to various stakeholders and committees.
- Preparation of commentary to the financials and preparation of Management and Board packs.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements of the Bank and other group entities.
- Managing and coordinating the audit of the statutory financial statements to ensure all audits are completed on time and accounts filed by required deadlines.
- Assistance in acquisition-related tasks such as acquisition accounting, completion accounts, valuations.
- Input into technical accounting papers on the impact of new accounting standards, and lead the implementation of new accounting standards and interpretations.
- Playing a key role in the interpretation of key strategic initiatives and projects from an accounting perspective and providing support on the accounting for certain transactions.
- Designing, implementing and managing financial reporting processes and tools.
- Driving improvement of processes and controls in the financial reporting process and leading systems improvement initiative.
- Liaising with external specialists, such as auditors and tax specialists.
- Ad hoc project support to the Head of Finance and VP Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant working experience gained in a Big 4 Firm (preferably audit) and 2+ years gained in a management accounting position.
- A strong knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in and knowledge of income tax and VAT will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with the ability to apply them in a business analysis situation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Ability to learn quickly and a proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively solve problems.
- Ambition to enhance knowledge and skills in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst balancing multiple priorities simultaneously to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting tight reporting deadlines.
- Experience in identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work diligently and on own initiative with minimal supervision.