Junior KYC Merchant Onboarding Officer
Are you brilliant?
Finaro is reimagining the payment industry.
If you value friendship, learning, and getting things done; if you consider yourself creative, enthusiastic and passionate about solving problems – We want to meet you!
Finaro is a global cross-border payment and banking solutions provider empowering international commerce through brilliantly simple payments
Our passionate team, exceptional tech capabilities, product innovation, and customer-centric approach drive us to simplify complexity and create multidimensional solutions that generate growth and give our customers peace of mind.
We work with some of the biggest industry giants including Plus500, WOLT, Kiwi.com, Air Baltic, Payrexx, Revolut, Go2Mobile and Hero Gaming. With a growing global staff of 350 employees, main offices in Israel and Malta, and presence all across Europe, in China, Hong Kong, and North America, the future looks fantastic.
The future looks Finaro.
The Junior Merchant On-boarding Officer will be a member of the Risk & Underwriting Team reporting directly to the Merchant On-boarding Team Leader and provide support to the company globally. They will work closely with team members and team lead on a wide range of day-to-day issues.
These duties which relate to the post of the Employee and which due to the dynamic nature of the company’s business may evolve and change continuously, include but are not limited to:
- Carry out business model checks of small merchants onboarding under the payment facilitator
- VMSS and MATCH reviews of small merchants onboarding under the payment facilitator
- Performing Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud and Risk checks on low-risk SME merchant accounts.
- Review merchant business profiles to make sure they are in line with Policies and Procedures and fall within the Risk Appetite of the Bank
- Liaising directly with internal teams, such as Legal, Fraud, Financial Risk, and Sales Operations Managers to obtain KYC documentation.
- Ensuring that data storage, whether electronic or physical, is in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with other teams to ensure compliance with the relevant Card Schemes Rules and Regulatory requirements as pertain to merchant application files.
- Escalate with the company’s governance structure, as appropriate, any identified GAPs, deficiencies, or requirements to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements and policies.
- Ensuring that service-level agreements (SLA) are met.
- Assist with other Ad hoc tasks which may arise from time to time as needed.