Enterprise Risk Manager
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide — you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded. Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
The Bank is now seeking to recruit an Enterprise Risk Manager. The ideal candidate will promote a culture that supports intelligent risk taking and risk-based decision making.
The Enterprise Risk Manager is an independent function which reports directly to the Risk Oversight Committee of the Board.
- Enhance and develop enterprise-wide analysis, reporting and monitoring tools in managing the Bank’s ERM initiatives in line with the COSO framework;
- Work with management to identify key company risks, design effective controls and implement mitigation measures to ensure fulfillment of company objectives;
- Understand, implement, and report on risk metrics inherent to market, credit, operational, business, and liquidity risks;
- Ensure that the organization's risk management framework, policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, standards, and strategic imperatives of the company;
- Assess the robustness and sustainability of the risk strategy and appetite and ensure that the risk appetite is appropriately translated into specific risk limits.
- Have a group-wide holistic view on all risks and ensure that the risk strategy is complied with.
- Oversee and coordinate all corporate risk management activities of the company, including the management of the annual enterprise wide risk mapping process within the designated risk management platform ;
- Ensure that all risks are identified, assessed, measured, monitored, managed and properly reported on by the relevant units in the Bank;
- Provide training to staff and board members on risk management to enhance the corporate risk culture and promote risk awareness and understanding:
- Manage credit and liquidity risk by assessing, designing, and implementing efficient and effective credit risk operations and deploying capabilities that span the entire credit lifecycle;
- Provide relevant independent information, analyses and expert judgement on risk exposures, and advice on proposals and risk decisions made by business lines or internal units, and inform the management body as to whether they are consistent with the institution’s risk appetite and strategy;
- Give guidance on credit risk origination and monitoring activities to the operational lines, the Board and its designated Committees;
- Implementation and upkeep of the Business Continuity plan and Disaster Recovery Plan;
- Customize quantitative and qualitative models, refine and calibrate existing models, and design stress testing and scenario analysis programs to ensure they are aligned with the overall risk appetite
- Work closely with Finance Regulatory, IT Security and Compliance on regulatory reporting obligations to authorities;
- Preparation of regular reporting outlining status of the Enterprise Risk Management program;
- Regular reporting to the risk oversight committee on the status of company risks and related risk assessments.
- Follow up on agreed action plans and projects relating to risk management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Banking, Finance or Risk Management;
- 5 years of experience in risk management, preferably in the financial services industry;
- Working knowledge of risk management regulatory requirements and best practice (Basel III, CRD IV, CRR, EBA and MFSA regulations) ;
- Practical experience and knowledge of credit risk in Banking is a plus.
- Should possess sufficient knowledge, skills and experience in relation to risk management techniques and procedures, and markets and products in both payments and banking;
- Able to analyze and understand trends and recognize new or emerging risks and risk increases arising from changing circumstances and conditions;
- Have an independent mind-set and capability to challenge decisions taken by the management of the Bank.