Banking Operations Officer
Are you brilliant?
Finaro is reimagining the payment industry.
If you value friendship, learning, and getting things done; if you consider yourself creative, enthusiastic and passionate about solving problems – We want to meet you!
Finaro is a global cross-border payment and banking solutions provider empowering international commerce through brilliantly simple payments
Our passionate team, exceptional tech capabilities, product innovation, and customer-centric approach drive us to simplify complexity and create multidimensional solutions that generate growth and give our customers peace of mind.
We work with some of the biggest industry giants including Plus500, WOLT, Kiwi.com, Air Baltic, Payrexx, Revolut, Go2Mobile and Hero Gaming. With a growing global staff of 350 employees, main offices in Israel and Malta, and presence all across Europe, in China, Hong Kong, and North America, the future looks fantastic.
The future looks Finaro.
We are looking for a Banking Operations Officer to join our Banking Operations team in Malta. Reporting into the Head of Banking Operations, the Banking Operations Officer will provide support to the company globally. They will work closely with team members and management on a wide range of day-to-day issues, including but not limited to;
- Execute all client related and payment processes (creation, maintenance, authorisations) using the CRM and the Banking System.
- Engage with internal Teams such as Tech, Underwriting, Finance, CRM Team and Legal when escalation is needed, and customer facing Teams such as Sales or Client Relations when customer interaction is needed.
- Investigate queries related to the Banking products and systems.
- Monitor system health, raise tickets for issues found and liaise with the Technical Team until the issue is resolved. Escalate cases/issues where necessary to the Head of Banking Operations.
- Execute all the required system actions needed during the day such as processes, report generation and other daily tasks as specified by the Head of Banking Operations.
- Participate, execute and document all tasks related to testing, new project implementations and similar initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation of new features and new Banking products as per the requirements of the Bank. Take initiative and raise proposals for enhancements, corrective action and discussion items in relation to the banking processes, the banking system or the Banking Operations team processes themselves.
- Assist in designing and documenting internal Banking Operations procedures. Provide training/guidance to new team members and colleagues from other departments, when required.
- Maintain and update an online knowledge-base which contains all the manuals and procedures related to the Bank.
- Maintain a constant open line of communication with internal teams such as the Operations and the Technical Teams on critical tasks and processes.
- Strive to achieve the department targets by monitoring the relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Degree or equivalent in Finance/Banking or a related area of the payments industry.
- Have 2+ years experience with payments, money remittance and/or similar environments/institutions.
- Banking industry experience is beneficial.
- Familiarity with payment types; SWIFT, SEPA and TARGET.
- Be highly organized, careful, meticulous, able to work on own initiative, and excellent attention to detail.
- Be a team player, flexible, and able to work in a remote environment.