Finance & Regulatory Advisor
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide — you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded. Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
Credorax is a fast-growing Fintech Bank providing smart payment solutions for eCommerce merchants. Today the company has over 280 employees worldwide.
At Credorax, the Financial and Regulatory team is responsible for ensuring that the Bank is fully compliant with all the relevant regulatory frameworks in addition to providing useful information to relevant stakeholders. The department researches and evaluates upcoming business opportunities, detects financial regulatory risks, assesses risk exposure, and provides recommendations to senior management.
We are seeking an experienced Finance & Regulatory Advisor. The right candidate will be both a self-starter and team player who will individually research, learn, challenge and ensure the optimisation of the financial and regulatory functions and methodology.
- Providing subject matter expert support and financial regulatory advice on new projects and providing recommendations and proposed way forward – this will include collaborating closely with other departments, mainly Finance Operations, Financial Control, Treasury and Risk to ensure effective financial reporting and compliance with financial regulations and procedures;
- Understanding and identifying new banking reporting requirements in relation to new business opportunities;
- Understanding banking products and processes, and their impact on credit risk, operational risk, foreign exchange risk, concentration risk, interest rate risk and the various reporting requirements thereof;
- Researching and implementing new/revised regulatory reporting requirements and communicate developments, implications, and way forward to the VP of Finance & Regulatory Reporting and the Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting;
- Leading the change process from requirements to implementation;
- Preparing executive decks highlighting accomplishments in the Bank’s financial and regulatory standing, key areas of risk, progress against goals and key regulatory indicators;
- Participating in initiatives designed to improve existing processes or create new processes, and addresses changes to regulatory reporting requirements;
- Performing analytical procedures for risk reporting focused on evaluating trends to be in line with expectations and providing variance explanations for any anomalies or exceptions;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of reporting requirements and regulatory developments by keeping current with regulations and accepted practices, participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications;
- Handling ad hoc projects to support the Finance and Regulatory team and management’s decisions.
- Possess a University of Malta Honours Degree in Banking and Finance or Accountancy or pursuing equivalent qualifications.
- Have a minimum of 3 years' relevant working experience, preferably gained in a Big 4 Firm or in a similar position in a banking environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks and work with interruptions;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgement;
- Possess superior research capabilities and effective analytical and documentation skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Possess interpersonal skills to achieve desired goals and to interact effectively with management and external parties
- Team player, with a positive mindset, excellent communication skills and with a can-do attitude
- Experience in banking and regulatory reporting