Finance & Regulatory Data Analyst
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide — you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded. Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
Reporting to the Finance and Regulatory Reporting Senior Executive, the Finance & Regulatory Data Analyst will provide assistance with data collection and entry into the Bank’s appropriate reporting systems, while providing support for the execution of accurate and efficient reporting solutions for the Finance and Regulatory Reporting team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Finance & Regulatory Reporting Team in the running of the Regulatory Reporting function;
- Collecting and analysing field data from multiple sources and assist in the development of comprehensive reports and statistical information to be used by the Finance and Regulatory Reporting Team;
- Extracting and compiling vital and relevant information in various formats to meet information needs and monthly, quarterly, annual scheduled reporting requirements;
- Preparing reports including supportive charts and graphic material giving interpretation of collected data and required reporting data fields;
- Supporting the development of tools and obtain an understanding of key data elements required in regulatory risk reporting; including the identification of new reporting fields and reporting requirements in relation to new business opportunities;
- Gathering and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a University of Malta Honours Degree in Business and Computing or Banking and Finance or pursuing equivalent qualifications.
- Relevant working experience, preferably gained in a Big 4 Firm or in a banking environment is considered an asset, although training will be provided
- Team player, with a positive mindset, excellent communication skills and with a can-do attitude
- Possess strong analytical skills, quality oriented attention to detail and problem solving mindset
- Demonstrable experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices.
- Requires intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications, mainly Excel including creating tables, writing queries, creates forms and reports, create and modify workflow processes
- Working with data, the ability to manipulate spreadsheets and perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Capable of comprehensive analysis of large amounts of data gathered from a wide variety of internal and external sources; including discerning the quality, validity and reliability of data fields