Financial Controller (UK Based)
Are you brilliant?
Finaro is reimagining the payment industry.
If you value friendship, learning, and getting things done; if you consider yourself creative, enthusiastic and passionate about solving problems – We want to meet you!
Finaro is a global cross-border payment and banking solutions provider empowering international commerce through brilliantly simple payments
Our passionate team, exceptional tech capabilities, product innovation, and customer-centric approach drive us to simplify complexity and create multidimensional solutions that generate growth and give our customers peace of mind.
We work with some of the biggest industry giants including Plus500, WOLT, Kiwi.com, Air Baltic, Payrexx, Revolut, Go2Mobile and Hero Gaming. With a growing global staff of 350 employees, main offices in Israel and Malta, and presence all across Europe, in China, Hong Kong, and North America, the future looks fantastic.
The future looks Finaro.
The Bank is seeking to recruit a Financial Controller for its UK operations to join a high performing finance team as the business goes through a period of transformation. Reporting to the Bank’s VP Finance & working directly with the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial control activities, financial reporting, and ensuring compliance with tax and regulatory reporting requirements.
Your day-to-day responsibilities as a Financial Controller will include:
Financial Accounting, Controlling and Reporting
- Overseeing all financial control activities, including the managing the accounts payable function, intercompany transactions, and performing reconciliation;
- Preparing the monthly management accounts and reviewing and analysing the monthly and quarterly numbers and disclosures;
- Preparing the annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS and UK GAAP, and managing and coordinating the audit of the statutory financial statements within stipulated deadlines;
- Providing executive management with accurate and comprehensive financial information and presentations to support effective policy making and financial planning;
- Collaborating with the Bank’s financial control team in establishing more effective processes and controls to ensure the integrity of a Bank’s ledger;
- Working with other departments across Finaro to improve and standardize processes, workflows and information systems;
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness of the finance function and general accounting processes; and
- Ad hoc support to the Head of Finance and VP Finance and the Consolidation team.
Tax Compliance and Reporting
- Liaising with tax accountants and specialists;
- Taking care of all Tax & VAT compliance obligations, including the handling of any necessary HMRC registrations and the preparation and filing of returns;
- Supporting the design and implementation of tax planning strategies through tax research and advice, including preparation of transfer pricing documentation and analysis.
- Liaising with supervisory authorities and regulatory specialists;
- Compiling accurate, timely and complete regulatory and statistical reporting returns;
- Preparing replies to queries from the supervisory authorities, as well as necessary follow ups;
- Review any new regulatory reporting requirements to determine and define newly imposed requirements and provide professional technical guidance to senior management; and
- Preparation of ad hoc reports and other analyses as may be required by regulators and senior management.
- Chartered Warranted Accountant
- A minimum of 7 years' relevant working experience, composed primarily of years working in a Big 4 environment (preferably audit & assurance) or in a financial institution or in the payments industry.
Knowledge and skills:
- A strong knowledge of IFRS is required.
- Working knowledge of how income tax and VAT operate is considered very important.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint is a must.
- Regulatory reporting & license management experience is a must.
- Ability to work unsupervised independently and working to tight schedules.
- Ability to make quick and independent but rational decisions under pressure.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to translate priorities and actions into measurable results.
- Must demonstrate thorough and methodical attention to detail and commitment to tasks assigned.
- Ability to learn quickly and a proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively solve problems.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and to build strong working relationships.
- Ambition to enhance knowledge and skills in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.