Transaction Monitoring Analyst
Are you brilliant?
Finaro is reimagining the payment industry.
If you value friendship, learning, and getting things done; if you consider yourself creative, enthusiastic and passionate about solving problems – We want to meet you!
Finaro is a global cross-border payment and banking solutions provider empowering international commerce through brilliantly simple payments
Our passionate team, exceptional tech capabilities, product innovation, and customer-centric approach drive us to simplify complexity and create multidimensional solutions that generate growth and give our customers peace of mind.
We work with some of the biggest industry giants including Plus500, WOLT, Kiwi.com, Air Baltic, Payrexx, Revolut, Go2Mobile and Hero Gaming. With a growing global staff of 350 employees, main offices in Israel and Malta, and presence all across Europe, in China, Hong Kong, and North America, the future looks fantastic.
The future looks Finaro.
We are looking for a Transaction Monitoring Analyst to join our AML team. Reporting to the AML Team Leader, the Transaction Monitoring Analyst will provide support to the company globally. They will work closely with team members and management on a wide range of day-to-day issues, including but not limited to;
- Monitoring of daily transaction processing. Undertaking independent investigations - identifying and escalating potential cases of AML/suspicious behavior.
- Summarize & analyze in writing, clear and concise findings of transaction monitoring alert investigations. Produce high quality reports and documentation as needed. Escalate results through the appropriate channels where applicable.
- Identifying concerning behavior that may affect merchant collateral, identifying a need to escalate to financial risk.
- Regular liaison with various departments to understand and explain the risk exposed by existing merchants.
- Preparation of regular reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support risk team to maintain and adjust Credit Risk Assessment in line with the Credit Risk and Risk Appetite Policy of the company.
- Developing new monitoring structures to identify negative trends in both merchant’s and portfolio’s performance.
- Preparation of visual monthly reports to facilitate the explanation of findings.
- Keep abreast with the latest updates in the various card scheme rules and regulations
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with the various stakeholders and keeping them up-to-date with any updates within the Risk framework of the company.
- Liaise with other departments in view of making existing processes more efficient whilst constantly looking out for new and improved ways to streamline processes and workloads.