Senior Financial Accountant
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide — you'll fit right in at Credorax.
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded. Share available positions and get credit for your referrals!
Reporting to the Head of Financial Control, the Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for performing and coordinating general accounting functions and financial reporting of Credorax Bank.
A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a solid knowledge of accounting principles to analyze and prepare financial reports. The ideal candidate should be an experienced hands-on person who is goal-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines in compliance with IFRSs.
- Accountable for the timely preparation of management accounts and the interpretation of results.
- Compute several month end closure procedures, estimates and supporting calculations.
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and tax legislation. Identify, assess and document new accounting and tax implications and formulate an implementation process to reflect or adopt the necessary changes.
- Produce value adding analyses and reports as requested by management.
- Prepare and organize audit deliverables to ensure efficient audit engagements.
- Take an active role in the annual budgeting process, prepare and revise cash flows forecasts.
- Compile statutory reports including VAT Returns and assist in the reviewing of tax returns.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the finance function and general accounting processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve and standardize processes, workflows and information systems
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent financial reporting, technical and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with IT software and Microsoft Office programs
- Capable of working and meeting tight deadlines; demonstrates ability to work independently and manage tasks and time effectively.
- Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills;
- A highly motivated team player and self-driven to learn and grow, with rapid adaption to a fast-paced working environment.
- Fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 3-year experience in a similar role.
- Conversant with IFRS accounting principles coupled with experience in financial reporting.
- Good knowledge of the Maltese Tax system combined with first-hand experience is a must.
- Work experience within the banking and/or finance sector is highly desirable.