Consolidation and Reporting Senior Accountant
We're always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, passionate professionals who will thrive in our
fast-paced, exciting and international environment.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, yet know how to shine on your own, if you are inspired by the thought
of helping to provide a NextGen service used by leading online businesses worldwide — you'll fit right in at
Join us at Credorax, where great ideas are created, encouraged and rewarded. Share available positions and
get credit for your referrals!
- Timely and accurate conversion of IFRS financials under US GAAP reporting requirements, to support US GAAP external filings.
- Analysing the performance of the local business unit submissions, to be able to prepare the monthly submission in US GAAP to the Group Accountants and production of excel based group reporting packs.
- Liaising with the Group Accountants to consolidate financials on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Working with the Bank’s Accountants and Group Accountants to ensure the delivery of complete, correct and fully understood financial information in accordance with the Group’s reporting timetable.
- Supporting delivery of timely responses to ad hoc queries by the Group Accountants.
- Managing the delivery of the local Group’s consolidated IFRS reporting requirements on an annual basis for Fiscal Consolidation purposes.
- Designing, implementing and managing consolidation processes and tools, as well as driving improvement to existing systems, processes and controls in the consolidation process.
- Work with the Group Accountants as needed to ensure all key accounting judgements and assumptions are documented and updated appropriately to support US GAAP reporting.
- Assist in planning and execution of group restructuring, and managing the integration of new entities to the Group.
- Ensuring compliance with and adhering to the Group's accounting policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Finance team and Group Accountants to ensure information, reporting and procedures remain entirely clear and consistent across the Group.
- Ensuring that effective financial controls are in place and are compliant with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Liaising with external specialists, such as auditors and tax specialists.
- Ad hoc project support to the SVP Finance and VP Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant working experience gained in a Big 4 Firm (preferably audit) and 2+ years gained in a management accounting position.
- A strong knowledge of IFRS (knowledge of US GAAP will be considered an asset).
- Good knowledge of Maltese tax legislation (preference will be given to candidates with experience in and knowledge of income tax and VAT).
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with ability to apply them in a business analysis situation.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Ability to learn quickly and a proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to ceatively and proactively solve problems.
- Ambition to enhance knowledge and skills in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst balancing multiple priorities simultaneously to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting tight reporting deadlines.
- Experience in identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work diligently and on own initiative with minimal supervision.
Apply for this position